56-45 Main Street
Flushing, NY 11355
Ms. Elizabeth Matos-Mendoza
Phone (718) 670-1347
Fax (718) 670-2456
Graduate Medical Education at NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens | Salary and Benefits | Policies and Procedures | Graduate Staff Agreement | Patient Simulation Center | Lang Research Center | Queens: Our Community
NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens offers both one-year and three-year residency training programs in Internal Medicine. Whether an individual's goal is subspecialty fellowship or primary care practice, our residencies provide a unique stepping stone to a successful career.
Applications for the Medical Residency Program are accepted through ERAS
(Electronic Residency Application Service).
For additional information on ERAS, access their website www.aamc.org/eras.
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic performance,
letters of recommendation, other experiences, and
personal interview by the Program Director and . Selection is conducted via the National Residency Matching
Applications will be reviewed through ERAS only. Although all
applications are reviewed for individual merit, the following
criteria are generally necessary as a minimum for consideration for an interview.:
• You must apply through ERAS by November 15th
• We require a score of 215 and above on Step 1, 225 and above on Step 2, 1st attempt and passing Step 2 CS on the
1st attempt. For Osteopathic applicants a score of 475 and above on COMLEX Level 1 1st attempt and 475 on COMLEX
Level 2 CE 1st attempt
• 3 LORs (one must be from a program director)
For International Medical Graduates
• one year of “” clinical experience in the US is preferred
• Recent medical graduates within the past 3 years are preferred
• ECFMG Certification at the time of applying is preferred but not mandatory. it is necessary prior to the Match.
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence is strongly preferred
• The program will not sponsor H-1B Visas
View the 2016-2017 Contract
Our NRMP Program Code #: Preliminary: 1822140P0 Categorical NRMP Code #: 1822140C0