56-45 Main Street
Flushing, NY 11355
Ms. Elizabeth Matos-Mendoza
Phone (718) 670-1347
Fax (718) 670-2456
Graduate Medical Education at NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens | Salary and Benefits | Policies and Procedures | Graduate Staff Agreement | Patient Simulation Center | Lang Research Center | Queens: Our Community
NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens offers both one-year and three-year residency training programs in Internal Medicine. Whether an individual's goal is subspecialty fellowship or primary care practice, our residencies provide a unique stepping stone to a successful career.
Applications for the Medical Residency Program are accepted through ERAS
(Electronic Residency Application Service).
For additional information on ERAS, access their website at: www.aamc.org/eras.
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic performance,
letters of recommendation, other experiences, and
personal interview by the Program Director and other faculty. Selection is conducted via the National Residency Matching
Applications will be reviewed through ERAS only. Although all
applications are reviewed for individual merit, the following
criteria are generally necessary as a minimum for a competitive application:
• You must apply through ERAS by November 15th
• We require a score of 215 and above on Step 1, 225 and above on Step 2, 1st attempt and passing Step 2 CS on the
• 3 LORs (one must be from a program director)
• We have 6 preliminary positions and 18 categorical positions.
For International Medical Graduates
• At least one year of “hands on” clinical experience in the US is preferred
• Recent medical graduates within the past 3 years are preferred
• ECFMG Certification at the time of applying is preferred but not mandatory. However it is necessary prior to the Match.
• U.S. Citizenship or Premanent Residence is strongly preferred
Our NRMP Program Code #: Preliminary: 1822140P0 Categorical NRMP Code #: 1822140C0