56-45 Main Street
Flushing, NY 11355
Ms. Elizabeth Matos-Mendoza
Phone (718) 670-1347
Fax (718) 670-2456
Graduate Medical Education at NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens | Salary and Benefits | Policies and Procedures | Graduate Staff Agreement | Patient Simulation Center | Lang Research Center | Queens: Our Community
NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens offers both one-year and three-year residency training programs in Internal Medicine. Whether an individual's goal is subspecialty fellowship or primary care practice, our residencies provide a unique stepping stone to a successful career.
Applications for the Medical Residency Program are accepted only through
ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
For additional information on ERAS, access their website www.aamc.org/eras.
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic performance,
letters of recommendation, other experiences, and
personal interview by the Program Director and other faculty. Selection is conducted via the National Residency Matching
Although all applications are reviewed for individual merit, the
following criteria are generally necessary as a minimum for
for an interview:
• You must apply through ERAS by November 15th
• We require a score of 225 and above on Step 1, 230 and above on Step 2, 1st attempt and passing Step 2 CS on the
1st attempt. For Osteopathic applicants a score of 475 and above on COMLEX Level 1 and COMLEX Level 2 CE 1st attempt
• 3 LORs (one must be from Internal Medicine faculty
For International Medical Graduates
• One year of “” clinical experience in the US is preferred
• Recent medical graduates within the past 3 years are preferred
• Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps 1, 2CK & CS prior to the Match.
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence is strongly preferred
• The program will not sponsor H-1B Visas
View the 2016-2017 Contract
Our NRMP Program Code #: Preliminary: 1822140P0 Categorical NRMP Code #: 1822140C0