Language Interpretation Services
Our language interpretation services are available at no cost to you 24 hours a day.
- Tell a hospital staff member if you need an interpreter.
- Our doctors, clinical staff and employees collectively speak more than 75 languages and dialects. They can provide interpretation help.
- We also use a professional “Language Line” service that provides interpretation for more than 200 languages and dialects by using a telephone or a video monitor between a patient, caregiver and interpreter.
- For more information on Language Interpretation Services, call the phone hotline at 718-670-2033.
Hearing and Vision Impaired Services
We have several services for the hearing and vision impaired.
- For the vision impaired, ask about the availability of Braille. Also, important forms can be read aloud to the patient.
- An American Sign Language interpreter is available at no cost, via video Language Line service, and face-to-face interpreters (see Language Interpretation Service above).
- Special handsets for patient telephones and devices for the deaf (TDD) are available upon request. For the hearing impaired, telephone volume can be raised on all of the hospital’s public and patient telephones.
- Closed caption television programming is also available upon request.
- Closed captioning and TDD can be requested by calling extension 718-670-1014.