New York Hospital Queens is the hospital of choice for many community members of Queens. It is the only borough hospital affiliated with an Ivy-league medical school, Weill Cornell Medical College, and the only to be a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System.
Members of the media are invited to attend NYHQ’s annual Spring Night Gala. Proceeds raised through this year’s Gala will support NYHQ’s comprehensive cancer program.
NYHQ President and CEO Stephen S. Mills will lead a celebration of our hospital’s recent achievements and the need for continued support for our Cancer Center to ensure that Queens residents can access a higher level of cancer care right in their hometown borough. Attendees will hear about the care provided at our Cancer Center from a patient.
Additionally, philanthropists Jill and Joseph Levy of Hollis Hills, Queens will be honored with the highest award conferred by our hospital. The Pacesetter Award is given annually to an individual(s) who have had a major impact on the advancement of patient care, medical education, research or the health and well-being of the human community. Through the Page & Otto Marx, Jr. Foundation, Mr. and Mrs. Levy have supported and encouraged research in neurology and cancer, and have been generous supporters of NYHQ’s neuroscience programs for more than a decade.
WHEN: Monday, June 2, 2014
Cocktails: 6:30 p.m.; Awards Ceremony & Dinner: 7:30 p.m.
INTERVIEWS/PHOTOS AVAILABLE WITH INVITED ATTENDEES:
• Stephen S. Mills, president and chief executive officer, New York Hospital Queens
• Gary J. Zuar, chair, Board of Trustees, NYHQ and senior vice president, finance, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
• Steven J. Corwin, M.D., chief executive officer, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
• Laurie H. Glimcher, M.D., the Stephen and Suzanne Weiss Dean of Weill Cornell Medical College and provost for medical affairs, Cornell University
• Jill and Joseph Levy, 2014 Pacesetter Award recipients. Mr. Levy is director and officer, the Page & Otto Marx, Jr. Foundation, and partner, JS Levy Associates, LLC. Mrs. Levy is CEO and founder, JS Levy Associates.
WHERE: Pier Sixty, Chelsea Piers
23rd Street and West Side Highway, New York NY
ABOUT NEW YORK HOSPITAL QUEENS
New York Hospital Queens is a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System and is affiliated with Weill Medical College of Cornell University. For more information on New York Hospital Queens, visit www.nyhq.org.
# # #