ShockSHOCK CAN BE LIFE THREATENING.
Signals include cold sweat, weakness, irregular breathing, chills, pale or bluish lips and fingernails, rapid weak pulse and nausea.
- Send someone to call 911 or seek medical aid immediately.
- DO NOT give the victim food or drink.
- Lay the victim on his/her back, but do not move the victim if he/she has back or neck injuries. If the victim is unconscious, has severe injury to lower face or jaw, or vomits, lay the victim on his/her side and make sure he/she is getting air.
- Keep the victim warm, (not hot), using blankets or clothes.
- Raise the victim's feet or legs with a pillow unless it's painful or you suspect severe injuries.