The New York Hospital Queens Center
for Wound Healing Silvercrest
Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
Phone: 855-480-HEAL (4325)
About the Center
The New York Hospital Queens Center for Wound Healing applies proven
wound care practices and advanced clinical approaches, such as
hyperbaric oxygen therapy, that can help patients who suffer from
chronic wounds achieve high healing rates and fast healing times.
Our wound care services, including hyperbaric medicine, are provided in an outpatient setting.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a non-invasive medical treatment that can enhance the body’s natural healing and strengthen the immune system. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can be an effective treatment option for most chronic wounds. This therapy has been shown to greatly reduce length of hospital stay, decrease amputation rates and quicken the healing process.
The multidisciplinary team at the Center for Wound Healing can treat:
• Diabetic wounds that are slow-to-heal or not healing
• Foot or leg ulcers/sores
• Surgical wounds that have opened
• Skin grafts or surgical flaps that are not healing
• Skin tears or open sores caused by radiation treatment
• Bone infection
• Crush injuries from accidents
• Radiation cystitis or proctitis
• Reconstruction of jaw or bone (related to mandibular osteoradionecrosis)
We’ve got your wounds covered
The New York Hospital Queens Center for Wound Healing at Silvercrest offers a higher level of wound care—right here in Queens.