> Content Library of Adult English Medical Content
> Eye Care
First Aid for Eyes
To lessen the risk of permanent damage caused by eye injuries, it is important to treat eye injuries immediately. Consult your ophthalmologist or optometrist as soon as possible.
- Bandage the eye gently.
- Do not rub the eye or apply pressure.
- Do not try to remove any particles.
- Do not wash out the eye.
- Pull the upper lid down onto lower lid and let lower eyelashes sweep away the particle by blinking repeatedly.
- Let tears wash out the speck or particle, or use an eye wash.
- Close your eye and seek medical attention immediately if the above procedure does not work.
- Do not rub the eye.
- Use fingers to separates lids, then flush the eye with water from a faucet or clean container.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Cover the eye.
- Gently apply small cold compresses without pressure immediately to reduce pain and swelling.
- Contact your ophthalmologist, optometrist, or primary care physician immediately.
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Eye Care