Prostate Cancer Statistics
Consider the following statistics related to prostate cancer:
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men, excluding skin cancer.
- American Cancer Society (ACS) estimates for 2012 include 241,740 new cases of prostate cancer in the U.S.
- Year 2012 estimates include 28,170 deaths occurring from prostate cancer in the U.S. alone, making it the second leading cause of cancer death in men.
- All men are at risk for prostate cancer. The risk increases with age, and family history also increases the risk.
- African-American men are more likely to have prostate cancer than Caucasian men and are more than twice as likely to die from prostate cancer than Caucasian men. The reasons for this are not known.
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Prostate Health