Home > Content Library of Ped English Medical Content > Burns

When to Call Your Child's Physician

It is important to contact your child's physician in the following situations:

  • If your child is not eating or drinking well
  • If there is antisocial or disruptive behavior at home or school
  • If there are signs of infection (healing burn areas change and become red, warm, swollen, extremely tender, and have a foul odor)
  • If there is uncontrollable itching
  • If the scar cracks open or splits
  • If a contracture occurs
  • If your child's temperature is greater than 101.5 F rectally or by mouth
  • If it appears that the dressing changes are painful for your child (you may want to discuss pain medication with your physician)

Click here to view the
Online Resources of Burns

網站地圖 | 聯絡我們 | | 隱私權政策 | 使用條款
For a medical emergency, please call 911 and go to the nearest emergency room.
著作權所有 © NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens
56-45 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11355