Mold is a member of the fungus family. It is a branching-type of growth called hyphae. It rarely dies from heat or cold exposure, but remains dormant until a particular season, such as spring or fall, when it grows and thrives.
Mold lives in moist conditions where there is oxygen and other chemicals. Places mold may be found are:
Mold spores or fragments may be inhaled through the nose and into the lungs or touched and they may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic reactions may include hay fever-like symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, and red eyes, or a skin rash. Inhaling mold spores may cause wheezing or other symptoms in people who have asthma and are allergic to mold spores.
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Allergy & Asthma