Home Health Care Statistics
Here are the latest statistics available from the National Association for Home Care and Hospice:
- Approximately 12 million people in the U.S. require some form of home health care.
- More than 33,000 home health care providers exist today.
- Almost two-thirds (63.8 percent) of home health care recipients are women.
- More than two-thirds (69.1 percent) of home health care recipients are over age 65.
- Conditions requiring home health care most frequently include diabetes, heart failure, chronic ulcer of the skin, osteoarthritis, and hypertension.
- Approximately $72.2 billion was projected to be spent on home health care in 2009.
- Medicare is the largest single payer of home care services. In 2009, Medicare spending was approximately 41 percent of the total home health care and hospice expenditure.
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Home Health, Hospice, & Elder Care