FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cynthia Bacon- 718-670-2515
Debra Pagano-Cohen- 718-670-1586
A free community symposium with information on bones, muscles and joints, as well as arthritis.
Monday, January 25, 2010, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
New York Hospital Queens, Lang Auditorium
(Use Main Hospital Entrance on Booth Memorial Avenue)
56-45 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11355
· Jeffrey Rosen, M.D., Chairman of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, as moderator
· “Arthritis: Latest Medical Treatments and Damage Control”- Magdalena Cadet, M.D.
· “Joint Resurfacing: What Is It and When Is It an Option?”- Tony Quach, M.D.
· “Conditions of the Shoulder, Hip & Knee”- Alexander Golant, M.D.
· More lectures on physical therapy, occupational therapy and pain management
· Question & Answer Period (open to all)
· For the full program agenda, please click here: Orthopaedic Symposium Program
The orthopaedic team is multi-lingual and can provide information in Chinese, Korean, Russian and Spanish. Please make arrangements in advance to conduct interviews in these languages.
The NYHQ Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation program provides some of the newest techniques and treatments, including joint resurfacing, which allows patients an alternative to total knee or hip replacement, robotic and computer-assisted knee replacement and hip arthroscopy, a minimally invasive hip surgery. Another exciting technique is platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, a treatment option for stubborn injuries such as tennis elbow, Achilles tendonitis and knee tendonitis.